The PokeRP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenge of the Wishmaker

+3
LupisDarkmoon
rubybeam
Azunara
7 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Revenge of the Wishmaker Empty Revenge of the Wishmaker

Post  Azunara Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

((I almost feel the need to say something profound here. August 23. Exactly a week from today, we all embarked on something different. A new start. Something that would bring us closer together. We came up with Wrath of Deoxys. A budding RP that was, from the start, bursting with potential. It had rough patches and struggled to thrive, but it did and finished off at almost 400 pages, breaking current topic records as most popular post. We didn't even have an RP section then, we had just staked our claim in the Forum Games section.

Things changed, but we always were there. The PokeRP was something that had brought us together. And with that, Rise of the Shadows came. An even more popular RP, it ushered in an era of difference. Several RPers, curious, joined us and are now among us today. We had gotten our own little piece of Petopia, and all of us were closer than ever. The RP capped out at 830 odd pages, twice of WoD, and we all agreed it was beautiful, and fun was had by all.

But then, things fell to bits. Strife was sewn and people argued and snapped and fought. Months passed and there was silence. Several RPs tried to spring up, but were crushed. Until a few people decided no more, and they staked out another chance, another RP. They came together as they had so long ago and brought forth this forum, in the same month, an entire year since we began. A full circle. And now, I write this as we begin another RP, one full of the same potential and hope and friendship as had existed so long.

This year has been one of change. I started it in a school I hated, our financial in a rough state, lonely and without a place. Now? I am going to be going to a school I will enjoy, one where I can get a head start on my college degree. We are much better financially than before, and I now have a group of fantastic friends here that I have come to trust and appreciate. I'm not sure what this year has been like for you guys, but WoD marked something new, and this year has shifted. I look upon this time and reflect.

And so, my friends, with that, I say let the RP begin. Here's to another great year of PokeRP.))

The moon was full, a pale white eye watching over the forest below. The forest was well illuminated, and the rattata easily made its way through the undergrowth. It wasn’t that hard to find its way towards the glade that the strange creature had told him to go to. The rattata let out a soft, bitter keen as it remembered the course of the day.

He had woken up alone once more, like he had the last several weeks. All alone. No one for company. His family had left him a while ago, when they all became sick after eating some strange human waste. Only he and his two sisters survived. As they had went to gather berries, an arbok had snuck up on them, rearing its head and trying to kill them. It bit down one sister, its poison coursing through her and killing her. The second sister was next to fall as the rattata bolted. He had heard her agonizing cries for minutes after, and then silence.

After barely escaping, he fell into a hole and would’ve been stuck there if a diglett hadn’t heard his cries. It burrowed up, gently carrying the rattata to the top of the hole. It then chirped and submerged into the ground, leaving him alone again. So he had been surprised when there was a soft whisper of a voice. Telling him to follow, towards his destiny, where everything would become better. And so the rattata trailed the voice, only to find an empty glade and a word scratched in the dirt. “Tonight.”

When the rattata entered the glade, he wasn’t sure what to expect. The emptiness was a disappointment, though. Not a soul was in the glade with him. He had just been imagining all of it. Nothing. When the voice spoke again, “You…came…” It said, a whisper. The young rat whirled around, trying to find the source. “What…what is…?” The voice asked, pausing grandly. The rattata replied, “Love?” He figured it was a safe way to finish the creature’s question. Most pokemon wanted to know what love was. Regardless, the voice continued to whisper, and the rattata began to tremble.

And then the rattata turned to see the strangest creature he had ever seen. It looked like one of the legendary Lake Spirits his mother had described to him long ago, but different. Adorned on its head was a star. It had a gray body, with yellow streamers for a tail. Three blue pieces of paper were on each point of the star, and it had a long scar down its front. “I am He who Grants All. I am Your Salvation. None best my Power.” It said quietly, though there was an authority in its tone. “I am the Wishmaker. And I have come to help you.” The rattata blinked, filled with glee. A wish. Anything he wanted! Almost immediately it knew what it wanted. “I want power!” He howled, and the Wishmaker looked down at it.

“Power?” He asked. “Yeah!” The ratatta replied, bouncing up and down. The Wishmaker looked thoughtful, and slowly, began to glow. There was a low, powerful hum as the creature grew brighter and brighter. In turn, the rattata was lit up, starting from the tip of its nose and traveling all the way along its body until it was encased in a blinding light. Its form shifted, the fur becoming muddier into the color of a raticate, and its front teeth elongating. It grew thicker and heavier in build, its tail becoming furless. The glow faded, leaving a raticate in the place of the rattata. “Cool!” The raticate shrieked, looking over every inch of his new form. He wouldn’t ever be intimidated by another pokemon again. He’d never be eaten or trapped or hunted again. He would kill the arbok that had killed his sisters. He would make his family proud. And then, burning pain swept over him and he let out a long, horrible scream.

The glow returned, but it was faster, more jerky and dangerous. It was no longer a natural and calming thing, but a savage and horrendous, unnatural transformation. The raticate split into four, peeling apart and only kept together by their tails. They were all identical raticates, but only one of them looked rather intelligent, and was larger than the rest. Their tails were all knotted together, and they looked like they couldn’t be parted. The other three were also bit smaller and shrilled in mindless panic. As quickly as it appeared, the glow vanished.

Raticate has evolved into Rattiking!

The rattiking looked over itself, trying to use its tongue to form words. The three smaller parts of itself let out low cries, incoherent. The first, original raticate managed to speak. “What? Why?” He asked, his copies continuing to cry out. The Wishmaker looked scornfully at the rattiking, “You thought I was going to help you? Just how I thought the Dusk would spare my mate if she gave them what they wanted. She gave them their wish, infected all of my brothers and sisters despite their powers. She was a Queen, and I was a King. And then they lied like the dirty scum they were. Then infected her. And she turned on me and I had to put her down. There is no mercy for creatures like you. Like the ones who killed her. I will grant wishes, but I will make you miserable in return. The world shall suffer, as I have…”

The rattiking howled, the only sentient bit thrashing as it tried to control its other parts. They rebelled and pulled away, but their knotted tails prevented them from parting. Stuck, it stumbled off as the Wishmaker faded, a small, satisfied smirk on its face.

And so the Rattiking jerkily walked towards a building in the distance where it was rumored that the Heroes of the World, a ferilgator named Chomp and his allies, were scattered and lived. And its horrible shrieks filled the night.

((Not surprisingly, this RP will start at Chomp’s house. That said, you can stick to your characters, you don’t need to use characters from old RPs that live there. It’s just a decent, familiar place to begin.))
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Revenge of the Wishmaker Empty Re: Revenge of the Wishmaker

Post  rubybeam Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:55 pm

((Im just going to say embersprak was already with the wishmaker at the moment))

Emberspark- Whereverthehealtheantagonistsare

He heard the growling and screeching of another victim, he saw as it split into four different creature. He was behind a Bush, in complete darkness the only light coming from the fire which hugged tightly around His neck, along with a line of fire coming from the top of his head and bottom.
Slowly he reached his way around the bush careful not to touch it, his small shape finally showing "That was cool man, at first the thing though it was all like
I now have sick wheels!
and then it was like "the hel and suddenly it runs away from you like a dog, a scruffy dog full of ticks and greasy full" He snickered "No I meant a Losing dog full of ticks and greasy hair, cant get ny' lower then that man!" The Molchic snickered at its own comment
((Im going to wait for others before I post my good guys))

Last edited by rubybeam on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 am

Sorrel and Claymore, Glade w/ Wishmaker

Sorrel watched, smirking at the howling Rattiking. The beast was a fool. To think that life would just lend it power without a price! She rested one hand on Claymore's dark, transparent head, feeling him shake with barely constrained fury. She could tell he wanted to kill the Rattiking, but she'd let it suffer. It would see, now, just as she had. Even what you think will be beautiful is a lie, a curse in disguise. The Wishmaker just made you see - and for giving her sight, she'd serve him forever.

Finch, Chomp's Farm

Finch paused on the top of a hill, looking down at a farm. He didn't really want to stop, but his body did - it ached and he was short of breath, after walking only a few miles. He'd have to stop soon anyway. He shrugged. Maybe there were some friendly pokémon living there? That'd be a nice change of pace, anyway. It couldn't hurt... He began making his way slowly down the hill, stumbling once or twice but quickly getting back on his feet.
LupisDarkmoon
LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:27 am

Shade
Glade

The howlsol watched impassively, standing close to the Wishmaker, claws ripping up the ground. She winced as she felt the massive teleport spell go off. The building had been long left to ruin, but showed some basic signs of being used long before. There were cages lining the rooms, and the walls were covered in dark blood stains. There had been a berry room once, but the berry trees had all died, years ago. Shade pushed herself onto her feet and stretched. It had been a long time since she had gone hunting. "They all want something from me." The Wishmaker stated. "All of them. Find the Wishers and Dreamers. Bring them to me. Let them see the truth so that the masses of freed pokemon can grow." The Wishmaker declared to his few troops.

Shade howled with them, and whirled off, trying to find some scent that was vaguely absol that had been bothering her for days.

---

Epsilon and Lyra
Chomp's Farm

Epsilon grinned wickedly as he moved after from where Ghost's bed was. He had already planted the pecha berries in the blankets and under the pillow. As soon as the umbreon tried to sleep, she'd be covered in a wet, gooey, berry mash! Stifling his cackles, he went into the main room, sitting down and trying to look completely innocent.

Lyra had been occupying herself in relatively more positive ways- namely, she was leaping at trees and mauling them with her attacks, like her mother used to do long ago. Practicing, she had said, to keep her skill up. So the espega followed in her steps, slicing at the trees nearby. When she heard the first wailing scream. She ground to a halt, tilting her head and trying to catch the source of the sound.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:02 am

((*Snickers* Oh Eps, that is a bad idea.. XD))

Rust and Copper - Chomp's Farm

"Hey, Rust! Look at this!" Copper called as she charged towards a large rock and slammed her head into it, leaving a fairly sizable crack in it. "And I feel totally fine! It didn't hurt at all!" She boasted, flicking her tail. "I always knew you had a rock for a brain, Copper." Rust remarked, grinning from where he sat nearby. "What the heck is that supposed to mean?!" The Joltos growled, stalking over to her brother. "It means-- What was that?" He blinked as a shriek reached his ears. Standing up, he took a few steps toward where the sound had originated. "It sounded like a scream. Do you think we should go see what it was?" He looked at Copper, who nodded, "Yeah! Let's go!" She replied before leaping forward and racing ahead, leaving Rust to scramble after her.
Senna
Senna
Admin

https://thepokerp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 am

((Like Eps cares! As long as he isn't caught, he doesn't care.))

Ly and Eps
Chomp's Farm

Lyra was already in the air, head tilted just a bit to hear the freakish screeching sound. There it was again. She nearly stopped flapping when a voice crowed behind her, "Boo!" The espega whirled to see her younger brother, a smug look on his face. "What is that?" He asked, and Lyra shrugged. "I'm going to check it out. I think I heard Rust and Copper, so I'll follow them. You go back to the others and get help, in case it's dangerous." The joltega looked as if he was about to protest, but Lyra was already diving towards Rust and Copper to catch up with them. "Drats." He raised his voice, shouting after her, "You only get all the fun because you're older!" He then whirled and flew morosely back to the farm to let the others know of the Thing that Shrieked.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am

Zep- Chomps farm

Zep stood by a tree, looking at a book he'd been writing for awhile one about the mysterious plague running around last year. Though details were missing, Looked up ahead, a house in the distance.
He chuckled Watching the glinting metal on the cover he reached a paw into his scarf pulling out a magnet.
The book immdeatly rose to the the magnet attaching itself to it as both hid snugly in his scarf.

Resith- Chomps farm

Resith was flying on the back of herself. Actually it was a daughter that looked exactly like her alive form, strong purple wings, lavender eyes, a perfect replica of her mother.
"Deoxys better be there" She sighed, still embarrassed she had no idea where resided now, she stopped when she noticed shiny quite yellow slowly walking towards the house, every bone seemed to show. It was also one of her kin, a charmeleon. She gasped for a second her heart acheing at the sight of it
She was a broodmother once you see, her motherly love seemed endless even in death "Recall stop for a minute!" she harshly said "Land I have something I need to do"
"Wh-aa!?" the charizard stammered in protest. What was so important she had to stop for her mother? ((Shes a side by the way, she wont appear very often))
Resith slowly floated down to the charmeleon "Hello dear, May I ask where your mother is at the moment" A look of worry in her eyes shone when she saw the bones.

Emberspark- Old lab

"Right! im on my way, I'll make sure to find the most pitiful loser you've ever seen, I'll make him so inspired that He'll probably try kissing your feet!" Emberspark started to walk out of the lab chuckling to himself
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 am

Copper eventually slowed down to a trot to let her brother catch up. "So, any clue where it came from? It sounded like somewhere here but I don't see anything." She commented, glancing from side to side to try and find the source of the shriek. Beside her, Rust shook his head, "I dunno.. I don't see anything either." As he spoke, Copper had stopped trotting and was now looking behind them, "I think something's coming this way. Maybe it's what made that noise!" Following her gaze, Rust stopped and turned, head tilted.
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am

Zep- Chomps farm

Zep Kept walking, though copper and Rust came into sight and he was soon standing in front of them. He didn't make fun of the hybrids though nor did he tease them, instead he smiled "Would you know where your parents are at this time?" he asked
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:31 am

The two blinked as Zep came into view, "And why do you wanna know?!" Copper snapped, lashing her tail, earning herself a slight glare from Rust, "Don't be so rude, Copper." Turning back to Zep, he added, "I'm pretty sure they're back at the house. If you don't mind me asking.. Why do you want to know?" He tilted his head, curious.
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:38 am

Zep- Chomps farm

"Have you two heard of the strange virus running around last year?" he asked "They say it was caused by a being from outer space, Apparently When he came he had also brought an outlandish virus, one that raced across the land in a shapeless form infecting many and turning them into the colours of the strange being himself, however this virus was not safe it feed on the lives of others...." then he stopped "The storys unfinished, I need a few more details before I can publish a new book, If I remember correctly theres a rumor with your parents being involved"
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

Rust nodded, "Yeah, I remember that.." Beside him, Copper grumbled, "Yeah, of course YOU do. I was stuck at home cause I wasn't feeling well, remember? Stupid everyone getting to go on an adventure without me..." She lashed her tail.
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 am

Zep- Chomps farm

Zep looked at chopper "Oh im sure theres always going to be more chances!, thats one of the reasons lifes good, theres always opportunites, chances to do things, and I know because of the multitude of stories I heard of these chances"
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 am

"Bah, there better be. It's not fair.. My parents are heroes and even my BROTHER has helped with saving things and people! Me? Nope. Nothing! I'm nothing but the AMAZING HERO'S LITTLE SISTER!!" Copper continued, digging her claws into the ground in frustration. Rust gave her a sidewards glance before turning and looking in the direction they had been going earlier.
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Zep- Chomps farm

"Y'know, once there was a Reuniclus, A savoir in the first war. It was only a mere child back then however, it was also far far away from its home. No one knows how it managed to even get to Sinnoh. This caused it to go looking for its home again, it was lost scared, no one to even travel with it.
Then it was caught, not by an ordinary trainer though. One with one of the cruelest of hearts, It took this Reuniclus to A place that some call the games of blood. There it had to fight, but to ordinary fight, it had to fight to the death, with its all. It couldn't show mercy, or else the trainer came and abused it, it was hurt badly everytime, its cell covered in walls of blood.
It soon earned to be a ruthless killer, and it spent its years growing up to be heartless murdering the innocent, young hatchlings to adults alike. One day the games closed down due to a outbreak, The Heartless Reuniclus was free, His trainer punished and stripped of his pokemon. He was free again, though he was still a killing machine and it took time for it to restore its heart, and by then It found itself back at its homeland, back to a single sliver of hope to live in this world as a pure hearted person. It found itself at what the humans call 'The marvelous bridge'.
It glowed with hope, its also indestructible a true Sign of the gods. Above it flew beautiful white creature, pure colored just like how he wanted his heart to be. These beautiful creatures were also, like him once ugly, it took time but they became beautiful. Their feathers contained small bits of power and that when you consume them the power becomes yours, everyday thousands of these feathers dropped onto the bridge.
The Reuniclus Took these feathers and impaled it into its flesh, everyday, although it took time he crafted his own wings and flew of, free to go where he pleases, because once again life gave him a chance. It always does" Zep concluded
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Lyra
Chomp's Farm

Lyra dropped down besides Copper and Rust, looking at Zep with her head tilted. "Hi! You guys heard the thing too, huh?" She asked, then turned to Zep, catching the end of his story. The story of the heartless Reuniclus made her squirm a bit. She remembered her mom talking about Dusk war stories and how they had all called her heartless. One of the cruel Champions of the Dusk. She had said it scornfully, scathingly, and it hadn't bothered Lyra much until the jolteon told his story.

---

Epsilon
Chomp's Farm

Epsilon tore into the house, panting after his fast flight. "Guys!" He yelped, trying to get their attention.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Zep- Chomps farm

Zep noticed Lyra "Something seems to be bothering you" he had stated looks at lyra
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Lyra
Chomp's Farm

Lyra scowled, pausing. "It's...nothing too important." She said, hesitantly.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Zep- Chomps farm

"But if your worried, it obviously is, its okay to tell me I am neutral, a mere storyteller that accepts everything with an open heart, maybe I can tell you something that will make you happy again" He simply said calmly
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Lyra
Chomp's Farm

"Your story reminded me of someone," The espega said evasively. "Not a lot of people liked her."
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Zep- Chomps famrland

"Theres also haters." Zep put blandly "And, if theres hater theres always going to be the opposite, Im sure that even though shes hated she may be also liked, theres always two sides of the argument even for people who refuse to believe so, for instance you support her right? Im sure theres others who are liked despite how insane or coldhearted they can be" He wasn't yelling or screaming and his voice was positive ((Darnit hes starting to sound like a sue :I))
"I bet you even kamimpi and her descendant have people who positively think about her, The champions of the dusk war where said to be heartless and coldbloodied but some of the survivers told me they were warm hearted savoirs, that their cold hearts were a simple lie, underneath was something positive, Kamimpi was also good at first also"
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Copper grumbled, ignoring the conversation and stalking a few feet away to sit down, her fur bristling in frustration.

Rust glanced between Lyra and Zep, then inched slightly closer to the Espega.
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Lyra
Chomp's Farm

Lyra winced at the words "Dusk Champion". She kept watching Zep, sensing Rust scooting closer and Copper walking away. "The people who call the Champion cold-hearted and savage didn't know them at all. Not like I did. They fought for what they believed in, how can anyone blame them for that? Anyways. We need to get going-" She was interrupted by another screaming call. "-Before that thing finds us first."
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Zep- Chomps house

"Theres many sides to a story, thats one of them unfortantly" Zep said hearing the screaming and growling "Thats probably a good idea"
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Lyra
Chomp's Farm

"After all, we want to find it first." She said, then looked at Rust. "So what do you think it is?" She pricked her ears as she listened for the sound, but there was nothing but shuffling. It wasn't precise, either. It was shuffling all around, everywhere, as if there were four or five things screaming.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next