The PokeRP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contemplation

+4
Senna
Kamalia
LupisDarkmoon
Azunara
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Contemplation Empty Contemplation

Post  Azunara Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:03 pm

We need a new PokeRP. You know that. I know that. That's what we're here for, you know? SO. Here's a nifty little topic where you can throw out ideas like confetti, or edit or improve one. This is all I've got (Beyond a Holiday special that won't apply till December.)

-Pokemon are disappearing, lured away by promises of whatever they want. Eventually get what they desire, wishes backfire on them eventually somehow and ends to their death or some horrible thing. Caused by a rebellious Jirachi who is bitter with how the world is currently, and how underestimated it is. (There can be multiple Jirachis! Probably!) Example: Say a Pokemon wanted to be really strong. They get their wish until it gets to the point where they can kill someone with a touch. Obviously, this ends badly and they go mad. It can be a short term thing or a long term thing. (For example, if you ask for immortality, you'll live forever but increase aging. You won't know until you're eleventy two million years old. Likewise, it can be more along the lines of wanting to breathe under water. You can do so, but you can't breathe on land.)

There will probably be some way for an immediate cure or fix, but that will have to be dealt with. End goal: Kill the Rebel.

-A group of pokmeon are killing legendaries and stealing their essences (I.E. Palkia’s claw) to prevent the successor from hatching. Their goal is to try to take the power for their own so they can control the world and summon Arceus, hoping to kill him and take his power away as well.Essentially, dissatisfied with how the Legends exist or act now, they try to take matters into their own hands. People will have to be willing to accept their legendaries could die, but they'll be brought back in the form of some sort of child or other way (Sacred Ash, anyone?) at the end. The group of legendary killers call themselves the Prophets.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Contemplation Empty Re: Contemplation

Post  LupisDarkmoon Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:10 am

I really like the first idea. How do you get all the good ideas, Azu? :-<
LupisDarkmoon
LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 am

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I really like the first idea. How do you get all the good ideas, Azu? :-<

To be completely honest, I go off, take a shower, and think of all my favorite books/video games/TV plots/etc that I really liked or were popular. I take those ideas and edit them to my own purposes, change details, ect until I get the plot.

For example, the first idea came from a story of mine called Feral that had the same basic process. People were disappearing, led away by a witch who promised them whatever they wanted. Only they were held hostage and eventually killed by some antagonist I have by now forgotten. I changed the witch into a Jirachi, because they make wishes. The hardest thing is trying to make the wishes harmful and a threat, but not so you have to kill your character.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamalia Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:03 am

Ooh, I like the first idea as well. :O
Kamalia
Kamalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 am

*Mutters to self, "Why haven't I posted anything here yet...."*

I'm gonna sec--Err, third the like of the first idea. A certain grumpy Jirachi of mine approves too, because.. That's the way he rolls. *Looks over at Xing* .. I kinda feel bad for ignoring him after WoD ended. I kinda liked the little guy.

ANYWAAAAAY.

Second idea looks cool, but I'm way too attached to any of my Legendaries for that, even some of the ones I never use. Well.. I suppose some of my old really minor Legendaries from WoD could be killed off, but if I used them again, I'm pretty sure I'd end up getting too attached to them before I could kill 'em off XD

*Hits self on head* I wish I could come up with awesome ideas like this. I've been attempting.. But failing epically at coming up with anything XD
Senna
Senna
Admin

https://thepokerp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:28 am

And, uh. As for the cure. Well. Let's make up some stuff right now and claim that wishes generally have to be used for a good things. That's a standard rule amongst Jirachis, right? So they don't like taking wishes like, "I wish X was dead." However, because these wishes are used for awful purposes and twisted, they can be chased away by extreme emotion. We'll say extreme positive emotion, because normally negative emotions are the trigger, and besides, I would chase away bad things with good things. So Love, Happiness, Wanted, Belonging, etc. Rage, Hate, Fear, etc. would be bad and make it worse.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:07 am

Okay, so, I kinda have an idea for a story. It's literally just a stupid basic idea, BUT I LIKE IT.

We've already had a rampaging alien that wants to kill all humans, and evil dark Pokemon-things. I say.. We need.. ZOMBIES NOW!! So yes, I personally like a zombie themed story. It'd be a little close to RotS, but.. Eh, I like it, to be honest. That and undead Pokemon are freaking awesome.

So, uh, yeah. Just came to mention that. *Skedaddles back to drawing*
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

Zombie pokemon have potential to be amusing.

It should be a Halloween special! You know, Zombie Hunters: Pokemon Edition! Ha!
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 am

Actually, I really like that idea. I'd say we just save the zombies for Halloween, then! (Which, luckily, isn't too far off!)

... So yeah, now I'm back to having no ideas for the next RP XD
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:03 am

That's okay. It looks like thus far the wish RP is a fan favorite. Now if only everyone else would sign up and add input...
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 pm

I...like both ideas

Im assuming since you mentioned zombies should i mention werewolves? also kinda similar to the dusk
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:46 am

Adding on to this RP we are working on now: I wouldn't mind seeing it as sort of a "New Generation" kind of thing. You know, new characters with maybe the kids of the old characters involved and going on. The old adults can pop up now and then, but not too often--more cameoish. Kind of like Larry from NUMB3RS, popping in occasionally to give sage advice and send them on the right path. (*coughs.* Such a nerd.)

To even make it plausible, what if the first wish made to be corrupted was some child wishing their parents had never existed. Say they were upset. The wish is twisted so that while the parents never existed, so did no one else's. So there will be two goals: Stop the Wish Maker, and save their parents. I can imagine rare mental communication (There are several psychics and Deoxys and the like), but not all the time.

And if you don't have a kid character you could play, I have one you could use. (Aurora is still a kid, really.)
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 am

I agree with you azu.

but I think we can use completely new mature charrys to due to 'kids trying to save the world' just makes it so mch more...urgh immature. I mean its all kiddy talk, not wanting to kill/battle theres a reason why in mature books little kiddys aren't the main protagonists
otherwise I fully agree.
Plus how are they suppose to defend themselves?

and then theres everyone wanting to pop up with their hybrids
otherwise I agree with your idea because aren't the old characters getting a bit elderly and old?
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:57 am

I would guess pokemon can live for a while. Absols are said to live for a long, long, time.

Yeah, I'm not saying no to adult characters, don't worry. I'm just saying, it'd be nice to move onto a new sort of generation thing. Scrap the idea of the parents gone, just make it so they're not there. I don't know why they wouldn't be then, but whatever.

And, er...I'd like to think that these kids would be quite skilled enough to handle themselves. Their parents are war veterans, it's not surprising they were taught to fend for themselves. Maybe that's just what my characters will do.

And hybrids. Ah, well. It's gotten to the point where hybrids are a big part of the RP. I mean, face it. Everyone of us has a hybrid or Delta. Some of us have hybrid children in the works. (Some call it excessive. I call it creativity, free reign, and boredom.)

I do agree a limit would be nice. I'm willing to say two-to-three special characters. (Hybrids/Deltas/Assassins/Pokemon with Odd Moves/etc.)
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Okay then I'll go with the idea with no complaints this time XD
execept for one. theres nothing wrong with special moves if the pokemon used to have a trainer,I mean I dont see anything 'speeshul' in that.
I think as long as they only have one or two TM taught
only one if breed to have those certain moves
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Right, right. When you open up Serebii and look at the move list, all of those things (Level Up, TM, move tutor, egg moves) I count as normal. At one point, you can legitimately learn any of those moves.

I'm talking like...a vaporeon knowing Flamethrower would be special. An arbok that knows Morning Sun is special. A pikachu knowing Synthesis is special.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:17 pm

ooooooo I see now, yeah I can see that
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Just to chime in with Azu here... Most of the kids are actually, well.. Pretty much full grown by now. I'd say Rust is easily an adult by now considering how long it's been since RotS story-wise. It's not like they're only months old. And these are Pokemon, not just animals. They're kind of.. Meant to fight. And like Azu said, I'll bet ya a lot that those kids got some training from their parents. And trust me, Rust and Copper are sure as hell ready to fight the save the world, despite being pretty young! (Especially Copper. She'll take on just about anything XD)

Anywho.. I suppose a limit might be nice, as long as it isn't going too overboard. (Three seems good to me. Though I guess that's cause of Rust and Copper who I'll be using. Along with a certain in-the-works hybrid~) Though, perhaps it wouldn't extend to cameo characters? Since I was thinking about Ghost possibly making a cameo appearance at some point or another. *Shrugs*

And honestly, I'm getting quite tired of the argument of "hybrids are taking over". Thing is, like Azu said.. They're a part of the story. I mean, I suppose there'd be a valid point if we were just throwing in random hybrids that literally have nothing to do with any other character, but when they're kids of former main characters? I don't think you can really say they don't belong. (I maaaaaaaaaay also be a little bit touchy on the subject due to being riled up by someone on dA saying that "Hybrids aren't Pokemon" >.>)
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Im sad im not going to be able to include cherrie in this one.

But I have two non-special characters in mind
One of them will be recognized, somehow as a very old character a very first character
the next was in RoTs but was almost invisible, I Edited him up abit and fell in love with his character

as for my third I have no idea what to use
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Honestly, I don't see too much of a problem with Cherrie being in this one. But.. That's just me. I'd honestly love to see Cherrie in this~
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Actually seeing cherries reactions to the kids may be amusing

Senna did you do that yet?

I kinda want to bring in a hybrid
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Just wanted to say, I meant a three "Special" character limit and we'll say a five character limit over all. It seems fair to me: People who want hybrids and the like have room to play with them, but there can also be normal pokemon without sacrifice.

However, whoever starts the RP (This case, likely me.) reserves the right to ask you to get rid of a character if other people feel you can not handle it. The person will have to be given examples and proof of incapability, and then must PM the person politely. The person with lost of control should politely accept that with grace, fix their characters, and when everyone feels they are ready, may bring characters up to the limit.

Cameos are exempt from this rule as long as their stay is, oh say, a few pages long. If they're there for quite some time, you will be asked to wrap them up.

On topic of characters, Lyra will come back, I'm thinking a hybrid that would be her brother (Jolteon/Yanmega) named Epsilon, after Epsilon Hydrae of the Hydra Constellation, and a character in the works. *Grins.*

Fun fact: Sol (from Solara) is sun, a star. Lyra is a constellation. Epsilion is a star as well.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Actually I just had an idea for a hybrid.

My pretty little torchick/moltres hybrid :3 I have no idea how im going to bring it in though
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:11 pm

*Flails at the five character limit idea* Well, there go my other character ideas >.> (I was planning on having two characters based on Land Before Time characters and then one to go along with one of Lupis' characters. Blargh.)
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:26 pm

*pats senna*

I haven't reached the character limit at least
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down