The PokeRP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: New Logo!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wanted: New Logo! Empty Wanted: New Logo!

Post  Senna Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Or something to that effect. Essentially, we need a new logo for the forums! Luckily, since pretty much everyone single one of us draws... I'm sure it'll take no time whatsoever to find something! But! Since I feel like it.. I'll turn it into a contest.

So then, rules be:
Nothing inappropriate (Not that I expect anything less from all of you XD)
Make eet .PNG, pleeeease~
Transparent backgrounds are preferred.
Uh, I'm not entirely sure on size, but.. Probably somewhere around the size of signatures. If that makes any sense at all.

I'll most likely end up making... Something as a prize, so.. GO FORTH MY MINIONS AND DRAAAAAWWWWWWW~! Wait, did I just say minions? Err.. People! My.. People? *Flails*

Until then.. Enjoy Placeholder Ghost. She's actually quite cheerful! Especially about being a placeholder!
Senna
Senna
Admin

https://thepokerp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wanted: New Logo! Empty Re: Wanted: New Logo!

Post  Azunara Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 pm

My name is blue, your argument is invalid. (Eee. Blue.)

In all seriousness, I'll see what I can do. Hard to encompass all of the RP in one logo. Hm. A challenge. Challenges are evil.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Bluh. I have an idea but I can't draw right now.

The idea, though, would be a pokéball with an umbreon on one side of it and a Espeon on the other side. Like, Umbreon, Pokeball, Espeon.
Not Umbreon and Espeon because they're characters as much as because they're classic opposites.

Oh, they'd be facing away from each other, too, and they'd be looking BA.
LupisDarkmoon
LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:35 pm

I actually think we should make a group picture with everyone in.

like using everyones pokesonas or something, or main characters

Or I say we make a mascot
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Oh, that's actually a good idea, Ruby. I really like the Pokésona idea. Besides, my 'sona is getting no love from me recently.
LupisDarkmoon
LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:59 pm

I just had a secound though, wouldn't it be to much to have all the pokesonas crowded in together?

so then.

we might have to make a mascot
so first question whats everyones favorite typing?
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I like most all types, honestly. My *favorite*... Probably electricity. But really, any type works.
LupisDarkmoon
LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Personally, if we're choosing a mascot, I would nominate a ferilgator. I mean, Chomp was a huge "leader" to an extent. While Deoxys or the Dusk were the main villain, Chomp was what people thought of when "leader of the Good Guys" came to mind.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Im going to disagree. Sorry azu. But Chomp is more or less making magna into the mascot sense that character represents him, and I realize he was the leader and such But in my eyes I see magna with a character that represents him. Isn't it kinda weird to have a normal rper as out mascot
though your right about it, I think it would be better to make deoxys as our mascot since he wa the first official 'Bad guy'
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:19 pm

First: Who can seriously draw Deoxys. Really.
Second: That's just the same idea, then. At that point, we should chose a pokemon that no one has as a well-known character. Perhaps three characters: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:00 am

Just curious, Im not rebelling against the Idea but why the kanto starters..? XD

Anyways I had another thought. since our names are all blue ((Sorry senna :C)) I say we do a blue pokemon of sorts, for instance I can see us using Crimgrim, whatever its English name is

or maybe a blue or purpley pokemon
I can see a dragon type suiting us.
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:19 am

If we're going with a blue Pokemon or something.. I vote Shuppet. It's purpley and bluey! And it's adorable!

... Or, something. I really don't know. Honestly, I think we should just go with a mascot that's an actual character instead of something completely random. And to be honest, I'd vote Ghost and Sol. ... Not because I'm biased, I swear. But because they're really really iconic characters for the RP, if not some of the MOST iconic ones. (Heck, I'm tempted to call them the most iconic, but I have a feeling I'd be mauled by a few other characters for it.)

... Or, alternatively, we could just keep Placeholder Ghost. She IS pretty awesome, ya know! (And I'd love to draw her some more! Non-grumpy Ghost makes me happy!)
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:15 am

Kanto starters because they're the first of the first. When you think Pokemon, it's either pikachu or them that comes to mind for, oh say, a lot of people.

Espeon and Umbreon ties into Lupis' idea, and they are usually a matching pair, one of the best.

We can do the legendary bird trio as well, since again, some of the first legendaries.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:28 am

I think a shuppet is great.

though with the umbreon and espeon were kinda leaving out the other members, I know you and senna enjoy it but im being honest here and im sorry that im disagreeing with everything.
But with that Idea its like the whole rps are about senna and Azu, but their not. We have other memebers which is why I think a mascot or a 'group' photo is a good idea, and I know you two aren't trying to say the rp isn't about you but it just seems that way

rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:53 am

The best part is how I've given several different suggestions that have had no input to them given whatsoever.

I'm saying no to shuppet, for the same reason we are saying no to ferilgator, espeon, and umbreon. It's Senna's avatar and obviously, she's got ties to it.

I'm suggesting Kanto starters or legendaries, as they are the first starters and legendaries, and no one has had a really, really important mascot-y charmander/bulbasaur/squirtle. Yes, there was a main charizard and side characters, but nothing main.

Alternatively, I recommend pikachu (Another "key head" of the franchise) or eevee, to reference the espeon/umbreon, and it's a great representation of potential. Yes, it is related to espeon/umbreon, but it's not that a reference to anyone. But eevees are kind of huge in the franchise too.

Lastly: Mew. Again, no one's huge character, but another one of those, "This represents pokemon." which, frankly, is what we're about.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Actually a squirtle would look good as a mascot now that I think of it
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Well, Eevee sounds like a plan to me. It's not just a completely RANDOM Pokemon yet it's not leaning towards certain characters (Despite the fact that Eeveelutions are everywhere XD)

Though I will say.. I don't see too much wrong with using certain characters. All eight of us are equals and we know it. And last I checked, there's a LOT of characters that every single one of us loves. I think you guys are reading too much into it.. The mascot wouldn't be about who plays the character, but the character itself. If we used Chomp, then that's all it would be. Chomp would honestly make a great mascot due to being essentially the leader of the protagonists. Using a specific character doesn't mean that their owner is more important than anyone else. If it's a well-loved character that's iconic for the RP, then that's all there is to it. It really has nothing to do with their owner at all.
Senna
Senna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 pm

I agree with Senna on Chomp, however eevee does make sense. Like I said, it represents potential, and a lot of people had eeveelutions, not just Senna and I. (Kam had a leafeon, Moon had a vaporeon, Lupis had a crescenteon, the evolution of umbreon, and a glaceon and Ruby had a jolteon.) They're a pokemon that had affected all of us.

I am tossing in my final vote for eevee.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:57 pm

I might as well toss in my vote as well for eevee XD

wow someone remembered my jolteon, It maybe wasn't so invisible after all
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 pm

rubybeam wrote:I might as well toss in my vote as well for eevee XD

wow someone remembered my jolteon, It maybe wasn't so invisible after all

I try to remember things. Besides, I'm rereading RotS.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:11 pm

ahhh okay that explains it, I remade him completely

for instance he doesn't speak in poetic form anymore and hes a pacifist; he wont fight to save his life. So instead he works on spells that wont necessarily hurt his opponents but rather stop them.
For instance he has a really strong thunder wave move because that what he specializes.
He is now more father and travels around gathers stories, hes suppose to be a natural at storytelling, he hosts many stories that are unheard of many ears.
He also is neutral, during war you can say he likes to see both sides of the argument.
Hes also great are writing
Im planning to use him in the next rp

ALSO. for the sake of being creative I demand we make our eevee wear something, like collar or some sort or a sock on its tail
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:00 pm

An aviator's cap. *serious nod.*

Also: I would draw something, but for some reason, I can't save .pngs. I can save .jpegs and .gifs, but no .pngs.
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Double post! It's a jpeg, since I can't save .png, so if it could be converted, that would be win. But this is what I think our logo should be.

Wanted: New Logo! Eevee_logo_by_azunara-d46fa9j

Look at that eevee. It is like...epic given mortal form. It has aviator's googles, cap, and a scarf, and YOUR argument is invalid!
Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  rubybeam Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 pm

I...really like our mascot

His name should be fluffy B Chipper
rubybeam
rubybeam

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Sir Fluff the Grand.

Azunara
Azunara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum